Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Not a post on books

I usually write my posts in the evening and post them the next morning, and here I am on Tuesday evening, and it’s looking like I won’t be able to write a coherent post on my usual subjects. There’s a lot going on right now, the Hobgoblin’s father’s illness, mainly. For all I knew this morning, the Hobgoblin would be flying out tomorrow to Houston to visit his father, but right now it’s looking like that won’t happen for another week or so. So we’re at home feeling restless and distracted and unable to concentrate on anything or do anything.

Which gets me to the other thing going on – the election, of course, and watching the returns come in. We don’t have a television, or, rather, we have a television but don’t get TV reception, so I’m getting my news from internet. So I’m sitting here reading political blogs, rather frantically hitting refresh to see if there are new posts with new information. I've got my laptop where I can read blogs, we're listening to NPR on streaming audio, and I've got Sara Nelson's So Many Books, So Little Time that I glance in occasionally. It's a good book for dipping into now and then in between election news fixes.

That’s going to be my evening, I’m afraid; there’s way too much going on to do much reading. By the time I post this tomorrow, we’ll know (hopefully) how things turned out and this post will be irrelevant, except as a record of how I’m feeling at the moment.

Back to the books soon.