Thursday, December 21, 2006

Nerves

I've been trying to post for a while, but I can't because I've got a job interview today and I'm completely distracted by it. I keep telling myself I feel ambivalently about the possibility of getting the job -- it's not exactly what I want -- and that's true, but it doesn't keep me very calm. My semester has been over for a couple days now, but it won't feel over until I finish up this stupid interview.

Back later.

Update: the interview went fine. Thanks for your kind comments everyone! I think I did okay, although I have no idea how things will turn out. I feel like I can charm an interview committee pretty well, but I'm not entirely sure they bought all my answers. I did do one stupid thing -- I left my coat in the interview room, and by the time I figured this out, they'd begun the next interview. I had to interrupt them or wait around for an hour before I could get back in there, so I interrupted them and felt like an idiot. Oh, well. Now my holidays can begin.